They say you should evolve your craft, hone your skills, invest in yourself, and get out the office once in a while. I decided to heed that advice and get myself along to the Sourcing Summit Australia #Sosuau on Thursday 4th of August at the SMC. It’s Australia’s #1 event for Recruitment Thinking, Technology and Training. An event for Recruitment, Human Resource (HR) and Sourcing professionals looking to get ahead.
- Using Natural Language in Search to Stalk Candidates (Shally Steckerl).
- Data & Dating Ugly Ducklings (James Galvin).
- Taking the Personalised Email to a Hollywood Level (Troy Hammond).
- Cracking the Code with Recruitment Technology (Christopher Long)
- Branding a Better You (Rachel Kemp).
The event caught my eye after being mentioned by various recruitment influencers on social media. The SMC was a good choice of venue for the event; it was spacious, yet intimate. The event ran smoothly and was close to capacity. The food was also very good, and refreshingly healthy for such an event.
The was a room full of recruiters and in-house HR. Both of a similar ilk, of course, but not always the most comfortable bedfellows, but today everybody was on a joint mission of discovery and playing nice.
The structure of the talks did seem to fall into two halves with the early talks focusing more on the in-house HR operational function.